UK's leading parcel delivery comparison website, Parcel2Go.com has relocated its tech development team to a newly renovated property in Wheelgate, Malton.
Following extensive damage to the property, caused by a fire in 2002, the building required total reconstruction. This provided an opportunity to update the first floor office space making it suitable for a modern internet based company. The Fitzwilliam Malton Estate worked with Repair & Restoration, to fit out the upper floors, to make it ready for the new occupiers.
The space offered an ideal location for Parcel2Go who had been seeking to expand their tech development team without moving their business and employees away from Malton after being in Saville Street more recently.
Richard Adams-Mercer from Parcel2Go said “Parcel2Go has had a presence in Malton for over ten years and our talented employees in the town continue to make significant contribution to the growth of the business. The Parcel2Go investment into new offices on Wheelgate demonstrates our commitment to Malton, the extra space enables additional recruitment and provides a modern working environment for all our staff.”
Helen Barry, Fitzwilliam Malton Estate Manager said “The project is an excellent example of how the Estate’s property team can sympathetically provide contemporary office space within the core of this historic town. We are very pleased to we have helped a well-established company to remain in Malton and hope to see them thrive in their new property.”
The images above show the transformation of the building (from l-r):
1) Completed restoration of the office space on the upper floor;
2) Extensive damage to the building caused by the fire;
3) The shell and core in the building was complete so that the final touches of the space could then be tailored to the individual tenant.
- ends -
Notes to Editors
1. Fitzwilliam Malton Estate owns and manages a substantial portfolio of property in Malton. The Estate’s investment in Malton is aimed at helping the town centre compete in the 21st century. There have been numerous refurbishments and extensions of retail units and business premises, such as the office reconstruction in the aforementioned article.
2. Fitzwilliam Malton Estate provides property for businesses that have created 630 jobs and residential properties that are homes for 300 people.
3. Further information is available from Helen Barry 01653 692849, email email@example.com
4. Parcel2Go.com, the UK's leading parcel delivery comparison website, and provider of parcel delivery technology to over 800,000 customers.
5. Parcel2Go.com offers a quick, easy and lower cost alternative to the Post Office. Parcel2Go.com is a low-cost business model operating at significant scale and in a highly efficient way, disrupting the way consumers and micro businesses send parcels that would traditionally be sent via the Post Office.